Monday, November 29, 2010

Crustless Spinach Quiche

I've been MIA for awhile.  With sickness circling through our house (several times each person), trip to Vegas and Thanksgiving, there hasn't been much cooking going on (unless Kraft Mac & Cheese counts).  So, it's back to the grind and I made a new dish tonight.  One that I think will become a staple in our house.  And the best part about this dish, is you can add all different types of fillings!!  It's perfect!

I found a crustless spinach quiche recipe from Cooks.com, but I modified it... I added 2 more eggs.  It called for 3 eggs and that just didn't seem like enough eggs for a quiche.  So I made it with 5 eggs.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
5 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup and 2 tbsp milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 box frozen spinach, thawed
8 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz Pepperjack cheese, shredded
Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Combine eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl.  Add flour, baking powder and salt (I used garlic salt instead of regular salt) gradually to egg and milk mixture.  Add cheese and thawed spinach (make sure to squeeze out the excess water from the spinach with your hands); mix well.
3.  Pour into a well greased 13x9 pan (I used nonstick cooking spray to grease my pan).  Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.  Bake 30-35 minutes.
4.  Cool for a half hour, cut into squares.

Side Notes:
 1.  Recipe called for 16 oz shredded Cheddar cheese.  I used half Pepperjack and half Cheddar.  I loved the taste the Pepperjack brought to the dish.
2.  Instead of baking in a 13x9 baking dish, you can also cook in two round pie dishes.
3.  This dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner!

Give it a try!  Hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. I never made quiche before and I wanted to do a crustless version with spinach for a 13x9 pan that wasn't labor-intensive. I found your recipe online and made 1 exactly like the recipe and another with ham and swiss cheese. I brought both to a church brunch and they were a hit! Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a little MIA lately. So happy you found my recipe and enjoyed the outcome!! :-)

    ReplyDelete