Monday, October 18, 2010

Chicken and Noodles Alfredo

Tonight I'm making Chicken and Noodles Alfredo from my Pillsbury magazine.  We haven't eaten dinner yet, but I just sampled it, and I think this may be my favorite dish yet (from this magazine).  I'm serving it with Pillsbury Grand Biscuits and marinated tomatoes (cut tomatoes marinated in balsamic vinaigrette).

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, but into 3/4 inch pieces
1 can (14oz) artichoke hearts, drained, cut into quarters
1 jar (16oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup chopped dry-pack sun-dried tomatoes
3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (6oz)
2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions
1.  Spray 3 to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.  In slow cooker, mix chicken, artichokes, Alfredo sauce and water.
2.  Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
3.  About 25 minutes before serving, stir tomatoes and uncooked noodles into chicken mixture.  Increase heat setting to High.  Cover; cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.  Sprinkle individual servings with Parmesan cheese.

No side notes - I'm happy with it as is! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment